Thinking about moving to the area? ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Hopkins Public Schools is an award-winning school district with a K-12 population of about 6,800 students, serving the city of Hopkins, most of Minnetonka, about half of Golden Valley, and portions of Eden Prairie, Edina, Plymouth, and St. Louis Park. Hopkins Public Schools offers an exceptional education in a real-world setting. We have six elementary schools, one magnet Chinese immersion school (XinXing Academy), two junior high schools and one high school. Our total enrollment is about 6,800 students.
We Are Hopkins
Hopkins Public Schools is an award-winning school district with a long tradition of excellence at every school, for every student, every day. We serve the city of Hopkins, most of Minnetonka, about half of Golden Valley, and portions of Eden Prairie, Edina, Plymouth, and St. Louis Park.
We enjoy a richly-diverse kindergarten through 12th-grade population of about 6,820 students in 2016-17. We have a thriving student body where 46 different language groups are represented.
Hopkins Public Schools serves the community by welcoming all learners, honoring culture, and inspiring remarkable growth and achievement.
Our District is a special place and unique in many ways. We are academically focused, but also human-focused. There is no typical Hopkins student, and we value that diversity. We are a blend of faiths, cultures, and backgrounds, forming a district of individuals with rich stories.
You are welcome at Hopkins. You belong in Hopkins.
At a Glance
Hopkins Public Schools has one early childhood center (Harley Hopkins Family Center), six elementary schools that serve students in pre-K and kindergarten through sixth-grade, one Chinese immersion school (XinXing Academy), two junior high schools that serve students in seventh- through ninth-grade, and one high school that serves students in 10th- through 12th-grade. Our school district serves students in Hopkins, most of Minnetonka, about half of Golden Valley, and portions of Eden Prairie, Edina, Plymouth, and St. Louis Park.
- All Hopkins preschools have STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) lessons embedded into the curriculum and they have a FOUR-STAR RATING from Parent Aware, a Minnesota quality rating and improvement program.
- About 96% of preschool parents rated the quality of Hopkins preschool education EXCELLENT or GOOD.
- Of the parents who attend our early childhood programs, 86% FEEL CONNECTED to the District.
- Parents overwhelmingly reported that what they like best about Hopkins Public Schools is THE TEACHERS.
- Hopkins Public Schools is NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED for its healthy school environments.
- Our teachers are lifelong learners, and 84% of our educators have a MASTER’S DEGREE OR HIGHER.
- The Class of 2016 demonstrated their dedication to their studies, with over 61% achieving a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Of parents who rated Hopkins Public Schools’ use of technology, 100% reported an EXCELLENT or GOOD rating.
- Hopkins High School has a 90% GRADUATION RATE.
- All of our teachers are trained in CULTURALLY AND LINGUISTICALLY RESPONSIVE INSTRUCTION.
- Hopkins High School was named a 2017 BEST HIGH SCHOOL THAT CHALLENGES THEIR STUDENTS TO EXCELLENCE by The Washington Post.
Introducing Vision 2031
In our quest to go from Great to World Class, we are embarking on Vision 2031 — a vision of innovation to reimagine Hopkins Public Schools starting from the ground up. Every child in Hopkins deserves a brilliant future. And the future will demand a different type of student. Vision 2031 represents what Hopkins Public Schools will look like in the year 2031 – the year our current kindergarten class will graduate.
While we don’t know what jobs will exist, or what skills employees will need, we DO know that employees will need to be highly adaptive and apply learning to their work at an unprecedented level, as education and jobs are being reshaped by technology. We need to not only prepare our students for this future, we need to prepare our teachers.