Thinking about moving to the area? ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Welcome to the West St. Paul – Mendota Heights – Eagan Area Schools (District 197). Through personalized learning plans, cutting-edge technology, and active involvement of community partners, School District 197 takes each student’s dreams and turns them into reality. Welcome to the District 622 Student Enrollment Center
West Saint Paul District 197 (WSPPS)
WSPPS is lucky enough to have a vibrant school community. Filled with a variety of academic, athletic and artistic opportunities for students at every age. These opportunities are for all of our students.
Furthermore, District 197 is committed to working with parents and families to improve learning and achievement.This is a benefit for all students. Research shows that when schools and families work together to support learning, everyone benefits. Students do better in school and in life. Parents become empowered and teacher morale improves. In conclusion, schools get better and communities grow stronger.
We are a close-knit community of schools located just minutes south of both Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minn., serving all or parts of the communities of Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Lilydale, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Sunfish Lake and West St. Paul.
WHAT MAKES DISTRICT 197 SPECIAL?
Personalized learning — Staff find the “spark” that gets each student excited about learning, while challenging all students to do their best.
Just the right size — Our small schools focus on students as individuals while serving their unique academic, artistic, athletic and emotional needs.
Focus on innovation — With the help of community partners, staff expose students to innovative teaching strategies and ideas, boosting critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
Real-world diversity — Cultural exploration, world language instruction, and classmates from diverse backgrounds offer students a global perspective.
Technology for teaching and learning — Teachers and students are surrounded by the latest technology to explore, research, create, document, present and assess learning.
MISSION (Our Core Purpose)
School District 197 provides a challenging educational environment that instills in each student a lifelong passion for learning, empowers all students to achieve their personal goals and academic potential, and prepares them to be responsible citizens in an interconnected world.
VISION (What We Intend to Create)
- Comprehensive and exemplary academic and co-curricular programs and services.
- Rigorous 21st Century curriculum and instruction based on current research and best practices.
- A safe and respectful learning community.
- A welcoming environment that embraces diversity.
- The leading educational choice in the community.
CORE VALUES (What Drives Our Words and Actions)
- Accountability: Upholding a shared commitment to achieving goals, producing measurable results, and ensuring transparent communication.
- Collaboration: Engaging in partnerships founded on interdependence, trust, and transparency.
- Curiosity: Inspiring a lifelong desire to learn and grow.
- Equity: Providing all students with equitable access to educational resources and opportunities.
- Excellence: Setting high expectations and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Innovation: Encouraging creative problem solving, critical thinking, and risk taking.
- Respect: Demonstrating personal responsibility, holding high regard for self and others, and honoring individual gifts, talents, and perspectives.
- Stewardship: Allocating resources in a wise and sustainable manner to cost-effectively achieve our vision.
GOALS (How We Focus the Allocation of Resources)
A. Achieve measurable growth and continuous progress for each student.
B. Narrow the achievement gap.
C. Personalize learning by offering multiple pathways and opportunities for students to explore individual interests and talents.
D. Prepare students to be career or college ready.
E. Deliver high impact early learning opportunities.
F. Transform teaching and learning through the innovative use of technology and other non-traditional methods and media.