The International School of Minnesota
Welcome to The International School of Minnesota!
We are pleased to introduce ISM, a diverse and inclusive international learning environment that offers students a superior college-prep education.
As a proud member of the SABIS® Network, we have the support of a global network of schools and over 130 years of experience behind us. Since 1985, ISM has been committed to providing the highest quality education to all our students to help them reach their full potential and become compassionate citizens who are prepared to compete in a global economy.
Our students come from the local community and around the world and share a variety of interests and global perspectives. They are talented, motivated and actively involved in their school community through academics, activities, athletics, and our Student Life Organization®. (SLO®). SLO® is a remarkable program that gives students hands-on opportunities to learn real-life experiences and leadership skills. Together, ISM students thrive in an environment in which a love of learning, mutual respect, and commitment to cooperation transcend differences.
Nestled in a beautiful, wooded area in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, our 55-acre campus provides a safe home-away-from-home where students can grow and learn. There’s a special sense of belonging at ISM that you can feel as soon as you arrive.
ISM has several accreditations behind our school standards and curriculum: Accreditation International (Ai), National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), and The Middle States Association (MSA) of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (CESS).
We invite you to learn more about ISM by browsing our site. We welcome everyone interested in our programs and community to visit our beautiful campus. To schedule a visit, please call us at 952-918-1800.
The ISM Administration
The mission of The International School of Minnesota is to be recognized as a provider of top-quality education to a highly diverse student body. ISM prepares all students for success in college, equips them with the ability and desire for lifelong learning, and strengthens their civic, ethical, and moral values. ISM maintains high standards of efficiency and accountability throughout its organization.
The benefits of an ISM education last a lifetime and open up a world of opportunity. We invite you to join the ISM family and set your child on a path to success as a productive global citizen.
- World languages taught daily by native speakers, starting in Preschool and continuing through 12th Grade.
- An atmosphere of tolerance, acceptance, and appreciation of diversity.
- A track record of academic excellence:
- Average SAT and ACT scores well above the state and national averages.
- College acceptance list including some of the World’s Top 100 universities as reported by Times Higher Education.
- High AP scores with several students recognized as AP Scholars.
- Rolling admissions.
- Strong Arts, Music, Athletics and Leadership program, national and international educational trips and many extra-curricular activities.
- Day care and weekly swimming lessons for our younger students.
- Student support services through SLO® and College Counseling.
- Residence hall to accommodate High School boarding students.
- Diversity of our student body and staff.
Our new Residence Hall can accommodate 32 high school students in single or shared occupancy rooms. Built in 2014, our state-of-the-art accommodations include a theater, recreation center, laundry, study areas, and fitness center. 24-hour Residence Hall Directors ensure the safety and comfort of every student-resident and provide support around the clock.
We are dedicated to exposing our student-residents to a plethora of local experiences and opportunities to learn and enjoy life in the United States. A full calendar of activities is maintained and the students themselves select many of them. Minnesota has a vibrant outdoor culture and our students are able to participate in everything our beautiful State has to offer – from sailing to snowboarding and everything in between!
International students who are studying at ISM on an F-1 student visa and living in the boarding hall are fully eligible for varsity athletics.
- Residence for 32 high school students in:
- Single person room with private bathroom
- Single person room in a four-bedroom suite/quad with two bathrooms
- Two full-time resident Residence Hall Directors on-site
- Prices vary based on style of room. Please view the cost estimator for specific costs.
- To view some photos, please click here
Looking to Relocate? Let The Anderson Team help